Planetary Ball Mill
Retsch PM 100 planetary ball mill is part of the Nanopartciles Facility located in LISE G06 – Chemical Nanotechnology Laboratory. This ball mill pulverizes and mixes soft, medium-hard to extremely hard, brittle and fibrous materials. It is mainly used for making micro- and nanoparticle powders from bulk samples. Other applications include pulverizing, mixing, homogenizing, colloidal milling, and mechanical alloying.
Dry and wet grinding is carried out in a grinding jar. The user can select and purchase jars with a nominal volume of 12 to 500 ml. Jars and milling balls made from or lined with hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, agate, zirconia and alumina are available from the manufacturer. The total grinding time, grinding interval, and rpm can be set by the user for process development and standardization.
* Applications: pulverizing, mixing, homogenizing, colloidal milling, mechanical alloying
* Fields of application: agriculture, biology, chemistry / plastics, construction materials, engineering / electronics, environment, glass / ceramics, medicine / pharmaceuticals, mineralogy / metallurgy
* Feed material: soft, hard, brittle, fibrous – dry or wet
* Size reduction principle: impact, friction
* Material feed size: < 10 mm
* Final fineness: < 1 µm, for colloidal grinding < 0.1 µm
* Batch size / feed quantity: max. 1 x 220 ml, max. 2 x 20 ml with stacked grinding jars
* No. of grinding stations: 1
* Material of grinding tools: hardened steel, stainless steel, tungsten carbide, agate, sintered aluminium oxide, zirconium oxide
* Grinding jar sizes available from manufacturer: 12 ml / 25 ml / 50 ml / 80 ml / 125 ml / 250 ml / 500 ml
* Setting of grinding time: 00:00:01 to 99:59:59