Information on open positions will be posted here when available
Open positions at CNS will be posted below.
Current Open Positions:
Postdoctoral Position at Harvard University: Center for Nanoscale Systems
The Harvard University Center for Nanoscale Systems invites applications for a Postdoctoral appointment in Scanning Probe Microscopy and Spectroscopy. CNS offers excellent opportunities for advanced research and study using the centers wide array of instrumentation and nanofabrication tools to explore Quantum Materials and Systems. More information is available here.
Employment opportunities of general interest to the CNS community will be posted here when information becomes available.
Current Opportunity at HyperLight Corporation:
Integrated photonics device lead at HyperLight
HyperLight is looking to revolutionize integrated photonic technologies through fundamental hardware innovation. As a venture capital funded startup company from Harvard University, HyperLight is redefining what is possible in modern telecommunication, sensing, and quantum technologies that are demanding more than what integrated photonics technology can offer today. At HyperLight, you will become part of a highly motivated, welcoming and open minded team composed of leading experts from material science, nanofabrication to applications of integrated photonics. We like to think and perform outside the box and to tackle some of the most challenging yet deeply rewarding problems of integrated photonics.
If you are interested in pushing the limits of integrated optical devices and revolutionizing their applications through hardware innovation, we are looking for you to join HyperLight’s core team as a device lead. We offer competitive salary and benefits.
At HyperLight, your core responsibility will be:
- Designing, building, and testing lithium niobate electro-optic and nonlinear optical devices
- Working closely with the production team to translate the prototype devices into manufacturable products.
- Pushing the limits of electro-optic device performances
This role requires
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, Applied Physics or related fields (exceptions can be made for very experienced candidates).
- Deep understanding of optical device physics in integrated photonics
- Substantial cleanroom experience in device fabrication
- Experience with CAD & electromagnetic simulation software
- A strong sense of responsibility and project management skills
- Hands on approach for work
- Authorization to work in the US
- 2 year + semiconductor experience in industry
- Project experiences: electro-optics, microwave circuit fabrication, packaging