Information on open positions will be posted here when available
Current Open CNS Positions:
Employment opportunities of general interest to the CNS community will be posted here when information becomes available.
This position is for a Senior Diffractive Optics Engineer working in Magic Leap’s Optical Engineering team. The Senior Diffractive Optics Engineer will be responsible for innovation and evolution of key optical component-level technology to enable the next-generation of our Mixed Reality experience. The Senior Diffractive Optics Engineer is expected to design optical components and to effectively contribute to technical deliverables in these areas to achieve aggressive goals.
- A key member of the OE team with a focus on product development and prototyping
- Use of custom in house software as well as other simulation tools for eyepiece design and simulation
- Enhancement of in house design capabilities
- Collecting, analyzing and interpreting data; technical problem solving; innovating creative solutions, and clear communication of findings.
- Support technology development efforts
- Must possess expert knowledge of diffractive and polarization optics.
- Must possess extensive hands-on experience in diffractive optical elements, preferably in the design and fabrication of diffractive optical elements.
- Knowledgable of nano-/micro-patterning and replication techniques including optical lithography, interference lithography, and nano-imprint/molding.
- Experience with imaging optics is desired; experience with display optics preferred.
- Hi comfort level with scientific programming
- Experience with Python, Matlab strongly preferred
- Experience with diffractive optics design and modeling software, including gsolver, Zemax, Lumerical, COMSOL or other packages is strongly preferred.
- Must have strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Focused on problem resolution and delivering solutions.
- Must be able to communicate and work well with multidisciplinary groups.
- Excellent written, verbal and presentation skills are required.
- MS or Ph.D. in optics, physics or related fields, with 2+ (MS) or 1 (Ph.D.) years of industry experience in optical components or sub-systems.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
To apply online, please go to: https://boards.greenhouse.io/magicleapinc/jobs/2568145